I have always been skeptical of translucent powders that come in pressed form. Given their lack of color, I just didn’t think that a pressed formulation allows for any product pickup, especially with a brush. Hence, when I first bought the NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder, I was giving my brushes a damn good swirl to pick up the product. But today, this setting powder is my holy grail and the easiest to apply.
(Image source: https://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159180/Light-Reflecting-Pressed-Setting-Powder/NARS/Pressed-Powders)
Priced at 37.00 USD, the NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder is a versatile product that delivers its promises. A cult favorite, this setting powder enhances the look of foundation and optimizes light reflection on the skin. Its microfine mineral powders are also packed with hydrating ingredients (glycerin and vitamin E) to keep skin feeling comfortable all day. So why do I love this product and what do I use it for?
Prepping my skin prior to foundation
- After my face primer and before applying my foundation and concealer especially on a longwear makeup day, I would usually dab this powder using the flat sponge provided across my T-zone and U-zone.
- This further minimizes the pores and fine lines and contribute towards controlling my oil and sebum production throughout the day.
Setting my base after foundation and concealer
- After applying foundation and concealer, this powder can be used to set the liquid products.
- This enhances the finish of the liquid products without leaving a trace of color, so your foundation and concealer stays true to their original shades. It also prolongs the wear of your makeup.
As a finishing powder on a light makeup day
- For me, this application is where this powder truly shines. I love using it to lightly set my face on a minimal makeup day. I would apply the product all over my T and U zone after applying my sunscreen and concealer.
- This leaves a beautiful soft matte finish on the skin, while retaining its natural glow due to the light reflecting properties. More impressively, it truly controls oil production as it can withstand a humid, sunny climate for many hours. (Tried and tested for a 12-hour wear of only a sunscreen and concealer base, in a warm tropical climate)
For touching up
- Since this product controls oil very well and does not leave any trace of color, it is ideal for touch ups. Just remember to blot your skin with blotting paper prior to applying the powder for hygiene purposes.
Given this product’s versatility and effectiveness, I would definitely recommend it especially if you are struggling with oily skin or makeup that wears off easily. So, do give this a try!